Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Wish


I wish ... I could walk away


I wish I had listened
I was wiser
I wish I was brave
I wish it mattered
I wish I hadn't conformed
I wish that the facade matched the reality
I wish I could rewind
I wish I could fast-forward
I wish I had less to lose
I wish I could face it
I wish I had no bottle opener
I wish I had the will
I wish I had read before I typed
I wish I had looked back
I wish I could remake decisions
I wish had become before I became
I wish I could speak
I wish I had a one-way ticket
I wish I had abandoned other's wishes
I wish I didn't have to play happy
I wish I had followed through
I wish that the shadows didn't block the sun
I wish I had painted instead of prayed
I wish I had chosen a different escape plan
I wish I had time
I wish someone would protect me
I wish I knew why
I wish it was worth it
I wish I had a verse; and a chorus
I wish I had somewhere to go

I wish ... I could.

No comments: